Wednesday, May 12, 2010
The End to Fifi!!
How do I start living in my life, instead of living on the outside of it? Why am I trying these things? Who am I trying this for? Why am I afraid? These my friends are the questions I have been asking myself now for a couple of weeks. You see just recently I broke free from, well myself you could say, the me who has held onto fear and insecurities. Let's call her Fifi ( ya I know I know this is crazy). Now she was full of fear and rejection, everything she did was in hopes of impressing someone in the hopes of them loving her. Not in the romantic way, that my friends is an entire different conversation, what I am talking about is family and friendship love. People who love me for just me. That good, the bad and the ugly. See, she was afraid that she was never good enough for people so she tried to imitate those around her whom she thought people adored. "If I only acted, or looked, or sounded, or sang..etc." Her tiny voice echoed in my ear 24/7. Two weeks ago I had it with her. I was sick and tired of her and her ability to handicap me in any situation I was in. You know because of her, my closest girlfriends, whom I consider to be like my sisters, do not actually know me. How sad is that?! They knew Fifi and they tolerated her long enough because they wanted to get to know Bree. But here's the kicker, since I have let Fifi rule my life, my entire life, I don't know who Bree is. Thus my journey begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment