Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Beginning, My lowest Point

I was succumed to the inevitable fixation of love. I had a taste of it and thrived for more. I felt like my life was starting to come together, just like in the movies. "Gamer" and I were happily in the puppy love stage where nothing could faze us. I even met his full family at his birthday. I will point out that I was extremely afraid to meet his sister.( She was to become the coolest person, someone I still consider to be my sister). I remember being in his backyard, sitting in lawn chairs talking with her. She was expecting a little boy soon. I was excited for her, and holding her close was the baby's father, an Angel if you will. She was so open and friendly, "Gamer" had made her seem to be a scary monster, waiting to snap my head off for even dating him. Instead she was completely different. We became friends in that moment, a friendship that still angers "Gamer." I believe this relationship which I built with his family was the starting of "Gamer's" jealousy over me. I believe it made him feel insecure about himself. What he didn't realize, was that the real reason I got so close was because I wanted them to be my family. People who I trusted and loved so much. I thought I was going to be apart of the family. His dad and mom, whom I still love to this day, who are still apart of my family. Even with out him in the picture, I always have them. They are wonderful good people.
Anyways back to the relationship. We are now treading on the last semester of high school. I was always a good student, receiving good grades, I worked hard. Okay, to be honest I could have worked much harder, but well I had too many other things to focus on. "Gamer," however, could care less about school. In fact, without my help, he would have never graduated from high school. He was never motivated, and frankly that didn't sit well with me. An argument that would initiate our first break up. ( Yes, there were many break ups). You see "Gamer" wanted to depend on me to do everything, where as I wanted a man to take somewhat control of his own life. I didn't want to force feed him. I wanted a man to take care of me, no not provide everything, jsut a man who could stand on his own, take responsibility, and most importantly love me. I mean I gave him everything, all I wanted in return was everything from him. Thus, began our dependency on eachother. An ugly cycle that would come crashing down on us that summer.
Even a long vacation couldn't prevent the inevitable control he had on me...
To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment